Thursday, April 19, 2007

Zope 3 Book Arrived!

The book Web Component Development with Zope 3, 2nd Ed. by Philipp von Weitershausen has been on my wishlist for a while now and I finally got around to ordering it. I only got it last night and already I've made it half way through, though certainly I will re-read it all several times. The book offers very excellent descriptions of the component architecture and its applications throughout the rest of the Zope 3 framework. The progression of chapters in the book shows the reuse of the basic building blocks of interfaces, adapters & utilities. And one of the things I also liked was the "Rocky says" section where the relevant technologies of J2EE were constrasted with those of Zope. The explanation of ZCML in the book finally made it clear to me. ZCML is on purpose ;) It forces a separation of roles and make sure that things that would be considered 'configuration' are easily accessible to a non-programmer like a system administrator or integrator. My impression so far the from the book is one that really showcases Zope 3 as a enterprise-grade framework that is solidly Pythonic. For more info you can check' the website for Web Component Development with Zope 3, 2nd Ed.

No comments: